SFCP Visiting Professor Week
Claudio Laks Eizirik, M.D.
November 11th through 17th
Our Visiting Professor is Claudio Laks Eizirik, a Training and Supervising Analyst from the Porto Alegre Institute for Psychoanalysis, Brazil. Dr. Eizirik is a well known and popular teacher and supervisor throughout Latin America, author of numerous articles and books, and former president of the IPA and the Association of Latin American Psychoanalysts (FEPAL).
- About SFCP
- History & Mission
- Introduction to Psychoanalytic Training
- The Application and Admissions Process
- Catelogue of Courses (including Course Syllabi)
- Child and Adolescent Psychoanalysis Program
- Candidate Handbook
- Tuition & Fees
- Training and Supervising Analysts
- Committee Members and Faculty Members Roster
- Psychoanalytic Education Division Policies & Procedures Manual
- Adult Psychoanalysis
- Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Training
Extension Education / Other Programs
- Dialogues in Contemporary Psychoanalysis
- Scientific Meetings
- Child Colloquium Series
- Coalition for Clinical Social Work
- San Francisco Psychotherapy Forum
- East Bay Psychotherapy Forum
- South Bay Psychotherapy Forums
- Opera on the Couch
- Poetry and Psychoanalysis
- Psychoanalytic Grand Rounds at Stanford
- San Francisco Psychoanalytic Student Seminars
- Peninsula Psychoanalytic Student Seminars
- Theory Forums
- Outreach Programs
The SFCP Library was established to serve the members and candidates of the San Francisco Center for Psychoanalysis, and to educate other mental health professionals and the public at large on the discipline of psychoanalysis. The library collection holds books, journals and other materials for the study of psychoanalysis in theoretical, applied and clinical applications. Library services include, but are not limited to, acquisition of books.
The Library belongs to national and regional networks:
- The National Library of Medicine;
- The National California and Nevada Medical Library Group;
- San Francisco Bay Area Libraries Network;
- Northern California Consortium of Psychological Libraries;
- The Freeshare Group at the National Libary of Medicine.
Community Membership at SFCP
Community Membership is a new category of membership at SFCP established in 2008 that was created to enrich and broaden the Center by inviting psychoanalytic psychotherapists in the Bay Area to join SFCP. We welcome mental health clinicians and students of all disciplines and levels of experience into our Community Membership.