International Psychoanalytical Association (IPA) Candidate Loan Information
Each year, the International Psychoanalytical Association makes interest free loans available to psychoanalytic candidates training in IPA-component programs.
- Loans will be between US$1,000 and US$5,000.
- The funds may be used for any purpose related to training.
- Loans will be subject to contract that will specify the repayment period.
- Repayment will normally start a year after the IPA Candidate’s graduation, at the rate of US$1,000 a year, interest-free, until the loan is repaid.
- Applications will be handled in complete confidence. The names of applicants and recipients will not be disclosed to anyone apart from the IPA staff, who administers the applications. The administrative staff at Broomhall’s may contact the IPA Candidate’s Institute to seek confirmation that the Candidate is indeed an IPA Candidate of good standing within the Institute and, under other unusual circumstances such as when there is difficulty in contacting an IPA Candidate. In all cases the administrative staff will use reasonable endeavors to protect confidentiality as much as is possible.
The 2014 Loan applications are now available. The application deadline is May 30, 2014. Loans are equally made in each of the three IPA regions. If you are interested in finding out more about this program the Loan Website is: http://www.ipa.org.uk/en/About/Grants_and_Loans/Candidate_Loans/en/IPA/grant_and_loans/candidate_loans_2011/candidate_loans.aspx