Psychoanalytic Education Division Update
by William Glover, PhD
- On May 17, Leora Benioff, Naomi Janowitz, Jeanne Leary, Kyra Minninger, and Sarah Stadler graduated from the Adult Psychoanalytic Training Program.
- After two terms of service, Steve Goldberg is stepping down as Dean. On behalf of us all I thank Steve for the sensitivity and wisdom with which he has guided and advised candidates over these past 6 years. A new Dean will be announced in the near future.
- We anticipate a strong class starting this coming fall, some applicants have been accepted and others have almost completed the process.
- The transition to a one day curriculum with all Adult classes on Friday is working well.
- Policy revisions made during this academic year will be incorporated into the PED Policy & Procedure manual over the summer.
- Although there were not any Training Analyst appointments this year several qualified applicants are in the process of applying and we anticipate several new TA appointments. Our Training Analyst developmental process, capably overseen by Wendy Stern, is working well. Eight TA’s have been appointed since we began using the developmental process.
- Congratulations to candidates, faculty, supervisors, personal analysts, committee members and staff for a successful academic year, the second in our new building. I hope you have a pleasant summer and look forward to resuming our work together in September.