Community Membership at SFCP
Community Membership is a new category of membership at SFCP established in 2008 that was created to enrich and broaden the Center by inviting psychoanalytic psychotherapists in the Bay Area to join SFCP. We welcome mental health clinicians and students of all disciplines and levels of experience into our Community Membership.
Why join the Center's community?
- Deepen Your Thinking. SFCP's Community Membership brings together therapists interested in working psychoanalytically and provides them with opportunities to think together with analysts, present cases, discuss clinical material, take courses, teach, network, socialize, and support one another.
- Expand Your Network & Find Community. Becoming a Community Member of SFCP allows you to join and benefit from a network of over 300 psychoanalytic psychotherapists (Community Members) ranging from students to senior clinicians. In addition you'll be joining a network of nearly 300 psychoanalysts (Members) and psychoanalysts-in-training (Candidates). SFCP has designed smaller, more personal programs for Community Members that are specifically aimed at helping them develop relationships to expand their professional networks and to feel part of the SFCP community.
- Professional Development. Some of the ways that Community Members can continue their professional development include a broad range of courses as well as clinical forums, mentoring opportunities, professional development salons and teaching study groups or joining them.
- Affiliate With SFCP. Community Membership provides an affiliation with SFCP and Community Members are encouraged to serve on committees and work on projects that directly connect them to the life of the Center.
Community Members receive the following additional benefits:
- Inclusion in and receipt of the SFCP Membership Roster distributed each August
- Full privileges at the Erik Erikson Library
- Discounts on registration and CME/CE credit fees for most programs
- Access to special Community Member programs including Clinical Forums, Professional Development Salons and Mentoring opportunities
- Subscription to SFCP's monthly E-Newsletter
- Opportunities to contribute to SFCP’s professional community by serving on committees
Cost of Membership and Membership categories:
Member: $ 125.00
Student: $ 25.00
A portion of dues and contributions are tax deductible. The annual membership cycle begins on March 1st of every year.
Please make check payable to "SFCP" and mail to:
San Francisco Center for Psychoanlaysis
444 Natoma Street
San Francisco, CA 94103