An Evening Focused on Clinical Social Work & Collegial Connection
Exploring Gender and Transgender
Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Julie Graham, M.F.T.
Robyn Stukalin, M.S., L.C.S.W.
Lisette R. Lahana, L.C.S.W.
Rick Nizzardini, L.C.S.W., J.D.
Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Refreshments & conversation
Cost: $ 15
CME/CE: 2 CME/CE credits available for an additional $20.00 (all SFCP members) or $24.00
Participants will be able to:
- Participants will have a cursory understanding of gender and transgender identity development.
- Participants will have a cursory understanding of similarities and differences between youth and adult transgender identity development.
- Participants will understand how a psychiatrically unstable patient may have a healthy gender nonconforming identity while other issues related to early trauma may be at play.
- Participants will learn what is meant by the concept that hormones are used as a motivating tool as part of a harm reduction model of treatment.
- Participants will understand the comprehensive losses a transgender patient often goes through with family, friends and employers.
- Participants will identify when a multi-disciplinary team approach best addresses a transgender patient’s needs.
The San Francisco Center for Psychoanalysis is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The San Francisco Center for Psychoanalysis takes responsibility for the content, quality and scientific integrity of this CME activity.
PHYSICIANS: The San Francisco Center for Psychoanalysis designates this educational activity for a maximum of 2 credits as listed for each individual program, AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This credit may also be applied to the CMA Certification in Continuing Medical Education.
LCSWs/MFTs: The San Francisco Center for Psychoanalysis is a provider approved by the Board of Behavioral Sciences, Provider Number PCE623, for 2 CE credits on an hour for hour basis.
PSYCHOLOGISTS: Psychologists attending SFCP events approved for CME credits may report AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ toward their CE requirements and are now able to directly submit their verification letters at the end of each renewal cycle using the MCEP credit reporting form that can be found on the internet at:http://www.cpapsych.org/associations/6414/files/mcepaa/files/MCEP_Report...
REGISTERED NURSES: The San Francisco Center for Psychoanalysis is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 02677, on an hour for hour basis.
SFCP is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. SFCP maintains responsibility for this program and its contents.
Commercial Support: None
Faculty Disclosure: The following moderators and planning committee members have disclosed NO financial interest/arrangement or affiliation with commercial companies who have provided products or services, relating presentation(s) or commercial support for this continuing medical education activity: Julie Graham, M.F.T., Robyn Stukalin, M.S., L.C.S.W., Lisette R. Lahana, L.C.S.W., Rick Nizzardini, L.C.S.W., J.D. and Elizabeth M. Simpson, L.C.S.W.. All conflicts of interest have been resolved in accordance with the ACCME Updated Standards for Commercial Support.