CCSW Mentoring Program
CCSW is pleased to offer a mentoring program for early career social workers interested in advancing their clinical practice and professional development. Mentees are paired with individual mentors and meet at least once a month during the course of the academic year. The focus of mentoring varies, and can include case discussion, theoretical and contextual formulations, starting a private practice, agency practice (individual work & organizational dynamics), and career development. All participants in the program are social workers, and share an interest in integrating psychodynamic thinking into their work.
The program consists of monthly mentor-mentee meetings from September through June, as well as opportunities for program participants to meet as a group in the Fall and Spring. CCSW hosts 4 clinical evenings a year that participants in the mentoring program are encouraged to attend.
We encourage you to apply to the CCSW Mentoring Program if you:
- Graduated from an MSW program within the past 5 years
- Are interested in becoming part of the CCSW community
- Would benefit from mentoring by a more experienced clinical social worker
- Are interested in thinking psychodynamically about your practice
- Can commit to monthly meetings with a mentor
- Are able to attend two program-wide gatherings (Fall and Spring)
All applications received by Friday, July 20, 2018 will be reviewed. Applicants will be notified as to whether or not they are accepted into the program by mid-August. Please send your completed application to Beth Kita at [email protected]. Feel free to contact Beth with any questions.